Can you find love online? Three ASKfm users stories: from the first message to the wedding
Trendy Bash brings to you three incredible love stories from people who met their loved ones on ASKfm.
Meeting people online is becoming more and more popular. All of us know someone who has found true love on social media. And yet, many people are still very sceptical about online dating. Not only is it quite difficult and time-consuming, but it can also be very dangerous.
So is it possible to find love online? And if yes, then how? In this article, we’ll share with you a few proven tips and three incredible love stories from people who met their loved ones on ASKfm.
- Don’t expect to find love at first message. On social media, you can meet dozens of people who you wouldn’t have met in real life. There’s no guarantee that you’ll like all of them, it just means you’ll have more people to choose from. So don’t hesitate to text with multiple people at the same time and go on as many dates as possible. After a few dates, you’ll realize what kind of people you like and how you should act on a date. And even if the first date is not perfect, don’t give up. It’s impossible to really get to know someone after just one meeting, so don’t jump to conclusions.
- Of course, we all want to date someone attractive. But if you want a serious relationship, don’t think about looks too much. Look at the person’s social media account. What are they passionate about? What kind of humour do they have? The more you know about the person, the better you can understand whether you would be a good match or not. Besides, it’s a great way to make sure you will have something to talk about on your first date.
- Don’t wait too long before the first meeting. Before seeing each other, exchange a few messages to find out whether you’d want to go out. But don’t text for weeks. Firstly, while you hesitate about making the first step, someone braver might ask that person out. Secondly, if you keep texting for a long time, it might be hard for you to find something new to talk about in person, since you have already discussed everything. And finally, if you talk to someone for too long, you might unintentionally idealize them, which often leads to unrealistic expectations and disappointing first dates.
- Be honest. As we said before, you can meet lots of people on social media. So don’t be afraid to be straightforward and say “no” to people you don’t like. And as corny as it sounds, just be yourself. If you want your relationships to go beyond just a few texts, show people straight away what kind of person you are. That applies to both your looks and your personality. Don’t be shy, post more genuine pictures, and show your personality. Do you have a sharp sense of humour? Don’t hide it from your new acquaintance and prevent any awkward surprises on the first date.
- And, of course, stay positive and believe that everything can work out. If thousands of people managed to find real love online, why couldn’t it happen to you? For some inspiration, we’ve prepared for you three true stories from people who met their spouses on ASKfm.
This story started on February 26th 8 years ago. I really liked one girl on Facebook, but I didn’t know how to tell her and was too scared to do anything about it. However, she kept sharing her ASKfm link on her Facebook profile, so I decided to set up an account and send her some anonymous questions. So I did that for a while and eventually decided to tell her that I liked her. She told me I should turn off the anonymous mode and text her from my profile. I was worried sick, so I was really surprised and relieved that her reaction was actually really nice and sweet. After that, we texted every day till the end of the week and decided to go to the movies on the weekend.
It was March 18th, I got her flowers and asked if she wanted to be my girlfriend. She answered with her magical smile and said that yes, she wants to be my girlfriend. Eight years later I am still crazy about her, just like I was on our first date. We got married 2 years ago, on March 18th, the day of our first date. Now we also have a wonderful little daughter. They are everything to me and I can’t put into words how grateful I am to ASKfm for helping me meet the love of my life. I hope many people will hear this story and will realize that your person is somewhere out there and sooner or later you will definitely end up together, so don’t give up!
I made myself a profile on ASKfm many years ago, but at some point, I deleted all of my social media accounts for personal reasons. Recently, I was hanging out with my friends and one of them mentioned something he had seen on ASKfm. I took a look at it and a wave of nostalgia swept over me. I started thinking about the times when I had been using ASKfm and ended up creating a new account. At the time, I couldn’t even imagine that I hadn’t just set up a new profile, I opened a brand new chapter of my life, something completely new and totally unexpected.
After several weeks on ASKfm, I’ve met many great people. Once I created a poll and got a response from a girl I didn’t know. I clicked on her profile and asked her some questions anonymously. Her answers were really friendly and cute, so you probably know where this is going… I am so happy that I came back to ASKfm and met the love of my life. It’s been a while since we met and recently we’ve decided to get married in secret. Some people might think we’re crazy, but we’ll do everything to be together.
I found a boy here. He was so cute! And my heart skipped but I never let him know I was interested. He kept asking me questions on ASKfm, even gave me a gift, I think. He kept trying, did his best, but I didn’t want to give him any hope. And still, he kept making an effort.
One year later we finally met. He lived in South Delhi and I lived in North Delhi. He came to see me here. It was actually December 31st the day we met. Everything went well. He kept telling me: “If ASKfm didn’t exist, I would have never met you. I’m so thankful to them for giving me, my love”. I left without saying yes to him. He said: “It’s New Year tomorrow. Please make my years shine bright like you”. At 12.00 he wished me a happy New Year and I said “yes” to him. It’s been almost 5 years now. Thank you so much, ASKfm.